LinnasMinute

Friday, September 30, 2005

Weedman vs scotch tape

What an interesting day yesterday. I woke up and got up and both of my legs were stiff so I immediately thought, 'Yep, I'm forty.'

Earlier this week, Pete and I sent a letter to our lawn service requesting a full refund because the front lawn is ruined due to insect infestation that they said treatment would help an it has not. There is much more to this story but I am not going into detail except to say that I am not good at confrontation and I am expecting "Weed Man" (the lawn care service " to call or stop over to discuss the matter by yelling at me.

Anyway, everytime the phone rang yesterday, my immediate thought was, "It is the Weed Man!". Normally I am lucky to get one phone call if any, but yesterday I had several. Pete called before lunch to see if I had any last minute ideas for what I wanted for my birthday (nope), Mom called at noon, my dad called around one (close to the Weed Man), then my sister-in-law, Laura, called just as the doorbell rang (this is when I thought the Weed Man is at the door! It is a good thing I am on the phone with someone who can call 911 in case the Weed Man decides to spray me) but it turns out it was my mother who thought I should have a cake and did not want me to make one so she dropped off a cake and some cookies. Then Pete called again before coming home and my brother called as did my cousin. Basically, I spent the whole day worried about the Weed Man instead of enjoying the day!

I need to get a life.

Well, there were many good things about yesterday. Luke gave me his present which was a four pack of scotch tape. When Pete asked me what I wanted the day before, I said I wanted tape because we never seem to have any and Luke got some for me that night when we went to Target. I got four birthday cards which is a record for me, we went out to dinner, had cake and opened gifts when we got home. (Scrubs dvd from Breanna, Pretender dvd, Packer and Badger shirt from Pete and a book from Luke...the tape was earlier in the day).

Then I helped Breanna with her math and spelling, watched 'Survivor' and 'The Apprentice' before going to bed.

All in all, not a bad day...I wonder if I will hear from the Weed Man today? I am not going to waste any more time thinking about it! I am going to make something with my tape and have some cake!

Have a good one!

Lori

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Spam Spam Spam. Have some more spam.
LOL. Well happy belated birthday. The card is in the mail I promise. Glad you had a good b-day. Dont worry about the weed man. I had to do the same to mine they came and sprayed when I told them not to then they tried to bill me. They did drop the charge. I kind of wish I kept them cuz it was working but too expensive. I got weed infestations picky kind. grr. But dont worry about it buy a tazer. lol
ttfn

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

A belated happy birthday, enjoy your tape, One can never have too much scotch tape. I don't have a weed man to worry about but we do have bugs. I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Grampa John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home