LinnasMinute

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Father's Day Weekend plus a few more by Lori

What a nice weekend we had in Crystal Falls. First we had to decide what exactly to do...do we all go for the day? Just Pete and Breanna so they could really help with the railroad garden without Luke destroying everything they did? Should we stay in a motel even though we have to pay on the car? Finally decided, the heck with it, let's all go and stay in the hotel and go swimming because the last few times we went for the day, it just did not seem long enough. Plus we had a nice pretty blue rental van with air conditioning and unlimited miles.

I asked the kids what their favorite part of the weekend was. Breanna said it was seeing Grandpa being happy. Luke said it was seeing Grandpa and all the trains and playing in the water. Even though I really enjoyed eating the drumsticks and the cotton candy, my favorite part was watching Grandpa pick up the HUGE deck to win the canasta game (Usually it is Betty who gets to pick up the deck). Even though my partner and I LOVE to win, this time it was ok to lose. (With all this talk about grandpa, Betty is probably thinking, "What am I, chopped liver?") Then we drove home in the pretty blue rental van while Luke slept.

Pete has been off the past two days and has been busy taking Breanna to her summer class, seeing the doctor for follow up appointments and shopping. He bought me the 'Bewitched' dvd, the first season which was my favorite show growing up. I always wanted to look like Samantha and have Darrin's job not to mention the powers she had. This would really come in handy with the housework.

Today we worked on the garage while the kids played in the pool. The garage is maybe a third done because Pete and I clean differently. He moves things around and puts them in the way of other things that need to be done. I like to put everything in the garbage bag and haul it to the curb for tomorrow is garbage day. Luckily, I did go through one box which had our wedding pictures in it! Whew! Finally he had enough of my sarcastic comments and left me alone in the garage. I filled the pretty blue van with stuff from our rummage sale from LAST SUMMER to go to Salvation Army. Most of the stuff that is garbage is now out( as far as I know, it IS garbage), now we (or one of us at a time if the marriage is to be saved) will have to find places for the stuff that is left. The most difficult part will be his workbench which I will leave up to him since I tend to drop heavy wrenches on my toes.

Have a good one, people!

Love, Lori

3 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You write mre than Pete. Glad you had a good time up North.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tools dont work well on toes. Best to leave mans tool benchs alone. They tend to get very pertective of the all important power tools. LOL

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger plinna said...

hi mom great job love brea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home