LinnasMinute

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

If it looks deep it dont drive into it

Bad Night. Had a good day at work. Had a leadership meeting today. Did not hear any news of layoffs. When I was going home I stop at cub food for supper. The sky opened up and the lighting was all around. Big ground strikes. As I was driving down westpoint I saw a car stop in front of me. By the time I realized what was happening I was knee deep in water pushing the van to the side of the road. I now know what a flash flood is. I got the groceries and walked home. I would say it was more like 7 or 8 blocks. Well we had our supper and our meeting with our friends. Tom gave me a ride to the van but it would not start. He gave me a ride back to the house. We decided to call the police to let them know that we were leaving the car there all night. But to do that you need the licence plate number and the address of where the car is parked. So at 11:00pm I walk back to the van to get all the info. Tried the van again and no luck. Walked all the way home and called the police. I will try tommorow. If it does not start I will call the road service we just got with the cellphones. Now I am going to take my sleeping pill I wish it was something stronger.
PJL

3 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You are a Linna.Any prepared person would have all that stuff written down at home in case the car was stolen.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ya what he said.
But then again you would not have as interseting a story to tell.
LOL

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Well, I would say wow what a bad day. I am sorry that your car wouldn't start. Glad to hear that no layoff at work. Well I have to go and blog.

Pennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home