LinnasMinute

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Spending time with Luke

Pete needed some food made for his lunch he was providing at work. I offered to make lasagna, brownies and cream cheese bars. We went to the store to get the ingrediants. Luke wanted popsicles so we bought some for him to try especially since it has been so warm. Once home, he wanted one but these were the kind that need to be put in the freezer first so I said he could have one the next day after lunch. I offered him a brownie and he liked it a lot. The next morning, he woke up early and came walking into the kitchen half asleep, hair sticking up and if I am not mistaken, walking at a slant saying, "Popsicle, popsicle!" I told him to wait until after lunch. Ten minutes later he asked again for a popsicle and I reminded him he will have one after lunch. This went on for awhile until I said, "I tell you what, you can have one once daddy goes to work." (Pete was leaving later than usual because he was taking his lunch in and wanted to serve it while it was still hot). Luke ran up to Pete and said, "Good bye, Dad, have a good day!" Finally Pete left and I gave him the popsicle. He took two licks and then would not eat the rest! I asked him what he wanted for lunch and he said, "A brownie! Yes, a brownie would be very good, mom."

And all is right with the world.

Lori

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good story. I am cooking the kids fish the caugh tonight for dinner we will see how that goes. :) Tell luke I like brownies also.
Patrick

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Hello,

It is nice to know that he has object permance and could remember for 8 hrs of sleep about the popsicles. I like brownies too and especially ones made by Lori.
Hope this week continues to go well for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home