LinnasMinute

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

One Step at a Time by Lori

Last week was not a good week for me. You know how you want certain things to happen, but they don't for whatever reason. It seemed like everything I did last week, everyday, was like that. Eventually I developed a bad attitude and by Sunday I (and my family) had had enough. Sparing you the details, I had to ask myself, 'How am I going to get out of this funk?'

Luke and I were home while Pete and Breanna went to Crystal Falls to get a lawn mower. For some reason, everything I had wanted to do during the past week, I was able to do this one day. It was like all the pieces fell into place and everything that was supposed to happen did. I painted a section of the family room wall, Luke helped me clean by picking up his toys and putting them in the basket so I could vacuum (Maya is shedding) I swept and mopped the floor while Luke swiffered the front hall (Be careful, mom, it is slippery here!) I did three or four loads of laundry, put everything that was on the kitchen counter away. Maya did not bark to come in(usually this happens around noon, but she was quiet until four!).

Before all this, I had to move the cedar chest up to the loft. It was a lot heavier and bigger than I thought. I stared at it trying to figure out how to lug it up. I decided to turn it on its top and push it up...didn't work, too heavy. I turned it back upright, braced it on my hip and bent over to lift the opposite side up one step, when that was done, I pushed the side near my hip up one step. It took awhile, I sent Luke on a treasure hunt so he wasn't behind me to get squashed (he found it in about two seconds, darn!) Finally, after about thirty minutes I made it up to the loft, one step at a time. I managed to not gouge the wall or hit the railing or sprain a body part.

Pete and Breanna made it home safely, Luke was being helpful, Maya came in when I was ready and I rewarded her with a belly rub. It seemed at that moment, all was right with the world.

Maybe I would have gotten through last week a lot better if I had taken it 'one step at a time.'

Then again, MAYBE NOT!

Have a good one!

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

One step at a time works if you don't carry to heavy a load for the one step.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Glad to hear that things worked out. Sometimes God likes us to do things on his time table not ours. Learning that sometimes takes patients and whole lot of funk times.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good job on getting all the work done. Very impressive. Good Job I need to get my butt in gear also. Sorry to hear about you week long funk. But a week long is better then a few years. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home