LinnasMinute

Saturday, July 09, 2005

13,000+ steps and 1 closer to God.

I a missed a few days. Had a few bad nights on the mask. 1 hr a night. Took vacation on Friday to help get the house ready for Breanna's birthday. Cut the grass with the riding lawn mower. I have to trim some trees or I will kill myself. Went to Lifefest with Breanna and Pennie. It did not seem like Lifefest. It seemed like we were going through the motions of Lifefest. When we were waiting for the Newsboys to sing there was a speaker. I was half listening (Lori said I do that all the time). He said some things that stung. To be a Christian is not just believing. The Devil believes in Jesus but he is not saved. Do something with that belief. What does that mean? Well the lead singer of newsboys and the speaker gives us a map. Read the Bible and pray and go to church. Two things I have not been doing. It is sad when your daughter has to ask to go to church on her birthday. I was proud to watch her enjoying the concert and feel the power of God. So I have a few things to work on to be a model for my kids and anybody else watching.
LTL (Live the life) and PJL

3 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger plinna said...

Nice blog honey...love, Lori

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Boy as one who missed church in the morning I sure can't add anything.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step. Hi my name is Pennie and I am a former church attender and bible reader too.

12 step recovery program
1. Admitt you are powerless and leave it up to god
2. Change the things you can and leave the rest up to god
3. Read past bulletins
4. Go to Christian book store and buy new bible with tabs makes it exciting to read.
5. Get guide to read bible so another trip to christian book store
6. Buy new CD to listen to while reading new bible
7. Find a quiet place to read bible
8. Read bible
9. Set alarm clock on Saturday night
10 Get up Sunday and Go to church
11. Listen to sermon rather than drawing or critizing pastor who is not as good as father
12. Start all over again.

Pennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home