LinnasMinute

Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Nice Day by Lori

What a nice day we had today. This morning I went outside and finally planted the plants on the side of the garage. Three look good, the other two I am not so sure about. I have to get more dirt to go around the plants. We also watched Venus win Wimbledon. I wanted Lindsey to win. Pete grilled hotdogs and brats for lunch before we headed to pick up his glasses. While he was getting fitted, the kids and I walked down to the sports store to see if they had roller skates (no) and then to the pet store where they were able to pet a rabbit and a dog named Rufus.

Then we headed to Appleton to see Pennie's VUE. We all got in and 'ooohed and awwwed' over it. After about twenty minutes we went in to see her painted walls which I thought looked good. We also saw the play room with the new storage shelves and the room is really shaping up nice as a kids room. I really liked the Eeyore she wall stamped on the wall.

After that we decided to go to the mall because I wanted to look at nick-nacky things and there is a place called'Kirklands' that has home accessories. I found two buffet lamps to place on the mantel of the fireplace. (I also found some picture frames but thought Pete would kill me if I bought those since I have many frames I have purchased over the years but have not put to use yet. Some women buy shoes or clothes they never use, with me it is frames).Pennie took the kids to 'Build a Bear' where Breanna got a dog she named 'Rush' and Luke got a teddy bear with a Spiderman costume! How cool is that! After this we wanted to eat at a place we like to go to that has good pizza down by the river. Pennie said she would lead us to the place and she called it the "Riverside" I thought it had a nautical theme and that it was related to the name but she insisted it is called the Riverside. Pete said she lives here so she knows what she is doing.( A good brother sticking up for his sister!) So we followed her and followed her...I was having flashbacks to the Madison two hour search for a restaurant when Luke was a month old. Finally, she pulled over and I said she was supposed to turn BEFORE the bridge and not after and she realized what happened and we got there and the food was good.(To be fair, she only drove around for about ten minutes, better than two hours!) I hope you do not mind me telling this story , Pennie!!! I also embarrassed the family by talking too loud about something I could not let go. Luke saved the day by having to go to the bathroom so Pete took him and the matter was dropped. Nice timing, Luke! Pennie took Luke to watch the fishes in the fishtank when he got tired of waiting for us to finish eating. Nice timing, Pennie! (And it is called Naut's Landing so my memory is not totally gone, just mostly gone).

We returned home and I asked Luke his favorite part of the day and he said it was being in the bear shop. Pete put up my lamps and they look nice and he says he likes them, too.

I also answered a questionnaire sent by a study group I joined at the Blindness convention last August that took almost an hour. (Most of the print was very tiny...hello? The questions were all about or relating to depression, fun, fun, fun).

It was still a nice day.

Tomorrow I plan to do yard work such as trimming the bushes... even more fun.

Have a good one.

Lori

1 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You are trully a diplomatic writer. I am glad you liked Pennies wall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home