LinnasMinute

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Chicago trip by Lori

We had a great time on our trip. We all got there and back home safe and sound. Pennie and I think we should invent computer chip bracelets to rent at the parks so we can locate runaway kids and grandparents. After hearing what they went through in Las Vegas with the grandmas, seems like a good idea. I asked the family what their favorite part of weekend was. Breanna said it was seeing her cousins. Luke said it was being in the boat. Pete said it was going on the Whizzer roller coaster with Breanna, Pat, Alex and Chrissy. My favorite part is a three way tie between swimming, hearing Pat's contagious laugh, and drawing the seventh card TWICE to get red canastas (a first for me).

Another good thing that happened was Luke went to sleep for the first time at the same time as the rest of us at the hotel. Now we can go and stay at hotels more often and not deal with the situation of him not sleeping.

Maya was happy to see us and glad to be home as well. Today I made choc. chip cookies for the first time in a long time and Luke helped. You would think this was the highlight of the day, but the highlight was Breanna shaving her dad's back...always an interesting moment. Pete was at the district meeting today and won an award. I am so proud of him and the work he does providing for our family.

Luke's question of the week came yesterday when he was taking his bath. I told him I was going to make the bed and be right back. When I went back into the bathroom, he asked, "Mom, what kind of bed did you make?" FUNNY!

Have a good one...love, Lori

2 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Glad you all had a good time. My best time was watching the rest of the family in the pool after the train show,
Grandpa

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I will someday write my views on the trip I had a great time and I believe the boys did also actually I know they did. I thought lukes comment was funny and made me laugh outloud hope I did not wake the boys.

I need to get writing on my blog again.

TTFN
Patrick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home