LinnasMinute

Monday, August 22, 2005

the weekend by Lori

We had a pretty good weekend here at the Linna household. Pete mowed the grass with the riding mower and the kids said it looked like he was having fun. He also trimmed some bushes and trees in the back so he wouldn't get hit by the branches as he rode through at fifty miles an hour. I think for Christmas I will get him a helmet.

We went shopping at Target and bought Luke some school clothes which included new shoes, some jeans and a jean jacket which Luke thought was "way too cool" and actually wore it in the store before we checked out. I hope he does not ask for a motorcycle next! Breanna already has school clothes but we did pick up a couple items and new shoes for her as well which are a lot like last years shoes. Pete bought water and soda and I bought some clear pie plates to put in my two tier pie plate holder which has been empty for two years (it takes me awhile). I put fruit in the pie plate holder thingy and the kids and Pete all commented on it and thought it was cool. (We do not get out much so these little things are exciting to us).

I taught Breanna how to play cribbage and wouldn't you know, she beat me! She wants to learn canasta, but I will leave that job to Pete since he is much better and has more experience than I do. Plus he loves the game sooooooo much!

We watched the Packers lose although Brett looked good. We are trying to come up with a new slogan for the famous fence on Lombardi which has a new slogan painted every year. The winner get their bedroom painted so we are all thinking hard but not coming up with anything clever. While the Packers were losing, I painted a new sign with flowers on it for my sister-in-law as her birthday is this week.

Luke fell asleep on the couch during the day on Sat. so Pete and Breanna went grocery shopping. We are going to try to eat at home all week although the weather looks cooler so the kids and I may walk down to McDonalds one more time before school starts.

Haven't heard from Pat and we are wondering if the Brewer game is still on for the 28th. I imagine Pete will call him as we get closer to the date to find out what is going on. We are looking forward to it.

Pennie stopped in last night and had tacos with us and I dumped my glass of soda all over the table...hate when that happens! Luckily everyone was already done eating.

Have a good week!

Love, Lori

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hey dumping glasses is my department.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Some very interesting comments looks like you might of gotten hit by some spammers. Sorry for leaving everyone in the dark about the B-ball game. As far as I know it is still on. I need to find out about the tickets how I get ahold of them game time and how we are going to meet.

All info will be provided perfore friday I gaurantiee it. LOL
ttfn
Patrick.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Hello,

Wow your site has become very popular. I hope you know some of these people.


Pennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home