LinnasMinute

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Our Walk to McDonalds by Lori

All summer the kids have been waiting for it to be cool enough so we can walk to McDonalds which we had done several times last summer. This week was supposed to be cooler so I asked Pete for $10 in case we decided to go on the walk.

First thing Wed. morning, Breanna asked if we could go. I said I would rather wait until Thurs. because it is supposed to be cooler. She asked when I would make the decision and I made the mistake of saying when Luke woke up, I would check the weather. A short time later after Breanna had disappeared, Luke came down, yawning, and asking if we could go to McDonalds. I asked if Breanna woke him up and told him to ask me and he said yes. Well, we decided to go and try out the jogging stroller. So far, I do not like the stroller because it wants to go to the left all the time and I am fighting with it all the time. It also has the rubber handle that makes your hands smell like burnt rubber. Breanna took her scooter and away we went. We are both out of shape because we had to pause at the top of each hill and catch our breath. We finally get to the place and the stroller is too long to try to get through all the doors but there were some nice people who helped us out and got us all in.

I wanted breakfast but the kids wanted lunch.It just so happened they were serving both when we arrived so we lucked out there. The total came to $10.55 so I was going to change the order but the nice lady said she would take care of it. We fight our way to the play area (note I am only fighting the stroller) and there are no other kids so the kids had it all to themselves. I went to refill my sods and there was a worker with Downs Syndrome who informed be that the next day was Thursday. I said, "Yes, it is, you are right" She said, "I am going to see the Packer game!" I said, "You are? How did you get tickets? They are very hard to get." She said her brother gave them to her and I asked her who her favorite player is and she said Brett Favre and I said, "Me too! His number is four" and she was happy I knew the number.

Breanna went to the restroom and found 26 cents in her jeans and gave it to our cashier to help cover the 55 cents. We fought out way out of there and walked home and it was much hotter, but we made it and we were glad to be home.

We met a lot of nice people on our trip.

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Get a new stroller. I hate things that veer to the left now if it veered to the right that would be okay,
Grandpa

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

It is always nice to find people in the world aware of others and open to helping. I also must give kudos to the neice with a good ethics. You are doing a great job with that one.
I think you should see if it could be fixed or contact the company to let them know your not satisfied.

Pennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home