LinnasMinute

Monday, August 08, 2005

The Weekend by Lori

Pete and the kids were up early Sat. so they went to Shopko for the early bird sale. On Sunday, we went to the church down the street from us. They did not have air conditioning so we baked. Luke piped up after the entrance hymn and asked, "Is it over yet, Dad?" He was squirrely during the whole thing but made it through. I had a strong urge to stand up during the sermon (which was about the lesson of Peter not having faith when he started to sink after walking on water to meet Jesus) and shout, "Wrap it up, pastor! I'm sinking! I get it!" but I didn't and saved the family from another embarrassing moment. Pete wants to go and try the other church where Luke will be going to preschool. I really like the pastor at this first church and I suppose the sermon only seemed long because Luke was so squirrely and we were roasting.

Then we met my mother for brunch at the Holiday Inn. Afterwards,she and I went to the JC Penney sale and Pete and the kids went to Best Buy where they purchased a roller coaster game for the computer.

When we got home, we all took naps and Breanna played the new game while Luke watched and Pete and I watched 'Heaven Can Wait' one of my favorite movies even though I am not a fan of Warren Beatty.

Pete has been spraying a bee hive that is on our hous, and he thinks he finally got all the bees. Now he just has to get rid of the nest. There is another nest that is being built so he is going to spray it next. I am glad he is around to take care of those things because I would not and did not even know about either one.

We tried to wake up to watch the space shuttle land last night but it was delayed and neither one of us slept well not to mention all our allergies are causing havoc. Is the heat ever going to end? Thank goodness for central air!

Have a good one!

Lori

1 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Sometimes semons seem longer if there is no air conditioning.I hope you find a good church.
Grampa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home