LinnasMinute

Monday, August 15, 2005

Happy 75th by Lori

Today is my dad's 75th birthday. I invited him and Helen over but Helen had to go to Atlanta because her sister passed away this past weekend from cancer. Dad came over and so did my brother and his kids. I made the family favorite, hamburger sandwhiches which are made with french bread and baked in the oven. The last time I made them I think was when the Packers were in the Super Bowl. Anyway, dad always liked them when my mom made them and hasn't had them for at least 13 years. The kids had a blast blowing out grandpa's candles.

Pete wanted me to tell the goose poop story. Luke,Breanna and I were watching a show where they were showing a house for sale for 4 million dollars. (I would have bought it for the parents but it has too many stairs for John and probably for most people). Anyway, it was gaudy, had a lot of stuff and there were a lot of geese leaving their droppings all over. I said I would not buy this house because it was gaudy. Breanna said she would not buy it because it had too much junk. Luke said he would not buy it because there was "too much goose poop!" Breanna and I agreed with him.

Got the bushes trimmed this weekend finally. Pete cleaned the kids bathroom. It must have been really bad for him to clean it! I also paid the bills (took a hour and a half) and we are not allowed to spend any more money until the beginning of the month, which month is the question.

We went to St.John's this weekend and Luke answered a question at the childrem's message. The pastor asked what she had (it was a loom) and Luke answered, "I know, it's a thing!" He was the only kid to answer. The two assoc. pastors know of John and have been to the church in Crystal Falls. Their names were not in the bulletin. We will find out next week when they have the service outside and BBQ.

I liked several things about this church. They had a nursery and gave parents a vibrating pager in case they were needed. They had similar songs as United, the pastors all had microphones so I could hear them all clearly at all times, they baptized the baby (a real cutie) right away so the parents do not have to sit through the whole service waiting and could relax after it was over, there were a lot of young families. Breanna liked it because they knew grandpa. Also, they brought the kids from the nursery out for the children's message so it surprised us to see Luke.

Have a good one!

3 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I expect a party when I turn 75.
Watch out for that goose poop.
Glad you found a nice church.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

I am glad to hear that you found a church. I am also glad that you would not buy a house with lots of stairs or goose poop. I am also glad to hear that Peter got some exercise cleaning.

Pennie

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Goose poop! Goose poop! whats a little goose poop among freinds. I say buy the house and then sell it for more then you paid for it.

But then again I am touched in the head.

TTFn
Patrick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home