LinnasMinute

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Good Deed for the Day

So far, this week has gone fairly well except neither Pete or I are getting sleep but that is not unusual.

Tuesday, my dad took Luke and me out for my birthday lunch. Afterwards he stopped at a store. As he walked in, he grabbed a cart someone had left in the parking lot and brought it up to the store while Luke and I stayed in the car. I said, "Grandpa is doing his good deed for the day". Luke asked what a good deed was. I told him it was when you do something nice to help someone out without asking. He said, "Like when Breanna helped me pick up all the dominoes?" and I said, "Yes". He then asked me what my good deed for the day was. I had to think for a moment but said, "I put the root beer in the fridge so it would be cold when daddy came home."(whew!) We then decided his good deed would be going to bed without crying that night and he did not cry (whined a little but not too bad).

After we stopped at the store, dad took us for a drive to look at the fall colors. He used to do this a lot when I was a kid and it was nice to do it again. Luke fell asleep and had a nice nap. We got back home around two in the afternoon. I was proud of Luke for behaving well at the restaurant (Dad took us to a supper club!).

Breanna has the day off from school tomorrow but Luke still has preschool. I am starting to think about what to get people for Christmas and I am not doing well.

We have done four family workouts since last week. We skipped the last two nights so we need to make sure we do it tomorrow night.

Have a good one....Lori

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't whine today does that count as my good deed?
WE haven't exercised in over a month so don't feel bad .Just do it.
Grampa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home