LinnasMinute

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Welcome Back to the Family

We almost lost an important member of the family.(I am blogging about this after noting John has already mentioned it in his blog). I was reading John's blog and discovered he was taking George, the statue, to the antique dealer. The first time I walked into the parsonage to meet Pete's parents, the first thing I saw was George and immediately liked him (the parents were nice, too). Anyway, I quick ran downstairs and asked Pete for a favor...to stop whatever he was doing and call his parents to see if we could possibly have George. I supposed I could have called but in my excitement was having trouble speaking English. He obliged and we got him in the nick of time. Whew! I have been looking for something like George since we bought our house and have not been able to find anything so I am happy we will have the real thing. John and Betty will be able to visit anytime.

Speaking of John and Betty, I looked at the open houses this weekend and there was nothing available. I was happy to see new listings which means hopefully every week there is a possiblilty of the right house becoming available. There were three homes with first floor laundry but all were on the east side.

Pete has been a busy man this weekend. He worked on two computers for friends of ours, trying to fix the patch on the inflatable bed so we can get it out of the dining room and working on his bathroom in the basement to get it the way he wants it.

Breanna had a girls night out with Pennie Friday night. They saw a movie, had dinner and then went shopping.

Maya was sick last night and not doing well today. We are keeping an eye on her and hoping for the best. I hope we do not have to take her to the vet...poor puppy.

Right now we are watching the playoff games and currently, the Steelers are all over the Broncos. I would like to see Bettis get a ring.

I hope you all had a good weekend...Lori

1 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

We are glad George will have a good home and that you like us too. Tell Pete we found the oxygen thing under the backseat of the car.
Grampa John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home