LinnasMinute

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

We had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. The food did not turn out the way it was supposed to, but in the end it all worked out. I got to spend time with Pete's family on Thursday and spent all day Friday helping my mother paint her family room which she has wanted to do for a long time. It felt good to do something for her for a change rather than her always doing something for me.

Sunday Pennie and I did a little shopping at Target and would have done more but I spent enough at Target and I had to call it a day and not go anywhere else. Then we went home and watched the Packers lose and I made dinner just in time for the halftime show so at least that worked out right.

Last night I went to Breanna's dance class to decide on the costumes for the recital in March. As we talked about the costumes, I reminisced over the last six years and all the different costumes she has had (this is the last year she is taking dance.)

I also went to school with Luke yesterday and it went fairly well. He played with the dinosaur skeletons at a table with another boy and pretty much spent the whole time at the table. I am going again with him on Wednesday.

This morning we played Superman where I was the mother who lost her baby and her cat and Superman came to the rescue (several times this happened, I cannot seem to hold on to the baby or that darn cat!).

The house is back down to 65 and we are all FREEZING! It was nice to have a warm house with good company. I think next year I will make the turkey a day earlier so on Thanksgiving day it will be really good because it is always better the next day. I also found a new way to make the ham so I am going to try that as well.

Have a good one....Lori

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hang on to the baby and the cat. You just can't always count on superman.
By the way there was nothing wrong with either the turkey or the ham.
Grampa John

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I sure would of loved to have either the turkey or the ham. I had KFC just not the same. Sounds like everyone had a good Thanksgiving bree now knows how to play canasta. hmm

TTFN
Patrick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home