LinnasMinute

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The weekend and Luke's Pumpkin Story

We had a pretty good weekend. We went to church, grocery shopping and did some house cleaning while watching the Packers lose. We are still shredding documents. I have been shredding daily and it seems like I have hardly made a dent in what needs to be shredded. I think I will invent a new shredder that shreds by the stack or go ask a neighbor who has a wood burning fireplace if I can throw everything in their fireplace and burn it!

John and Betty stopped in for a moment on Sunday to drop off a computer for Pennie. John was not feeling well but is doing better now according to Pete, but Betty is now not feeling well.

Sickness seems to be going around...my ears are still plugged from my cold so it is difficult to carry on a conversation. Maya was sick at five this morning so I put her out and in her crate, but she was barking (I did not hear her) but Pete did and got up with her and spent the rest of the morning in the family room. Maya seems to be doing better now but I will sleep in the family room with her tonight just in case she is sick and Pete can get a full nights sleep.

We both did some online Christmas shopping, I paid the bills (finally) and sent Pennie an e-mail asking if she would rather we eat at Old Country Buffet in Appleton for Thanksgiving since she is on call.

I will end with Luke's Pumpkin Story which he told me several times yesterday so I know it by heart.

Once there was a boy Luke. He planted a pumpkin. It grew and grew and grew. One day he snuck past his mama, got a big knife and shovel. He carved a hole in the pumkin. It was so big he jumped into the pumpkin and scooped out all the seeds of the pumpkin with his shovel. Then he tood a giant saw and carved a face. Luke put a giant candle in the pumpkin and plugged it in so it lit up. The end.

Have a good one....Lori

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You have to teach Maya not to eat socks. Is there some kind of dog school that teachs sock avoidance?
Tell luke Grampa liked his story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home