LinnasMinute

Saturday, January 28, 2006

It was a good week. After rereading my last blog and seeing all the things I still had to do, I did about half of them so I feel like I accomplished something.

Pennie spent Wednesday with us as part of her vacation. She took me out to breakfast where we had to wait FOREVER for the the food and then the waitress gave us coupons we could not use. We went to pick up Luke at school who has not had a 'thumbs up' day for awhile and in fact, if memory serves, he has only had one. When I went to get him on Friday the teacher said she could not remember if he had a good day because most of the class had a tough one. I give up. If we were not commited to the carpool situation, I would put him to a different school.

Back to Pennie, we went to the movie 'Brokeback Mountain'. Although the subject matter is not ideal, I was expecting an Oscar caliber film and was disappointed. We both gave it a five on a scale of one to ten.

It was nice to get out on a weekday so thank you Pennie!

Luke and I were outside most of Friday afternoon. He played while I took down most of the Christmas lights. Pete sure put up a lot of lights. Of course, I could not find a place to put them in the garage so I made three piles, lights, rope lights and extension cords.

Breanna had a good week at school. Each classroom had two tickets that were hidden somewhere in the room. She thought she saw one up on a shelf but could not get up in the middle of class to go get it so she had to wait FOREVER until class was done. She went up and sure enough, she found the ticket and was able to turn it in for a prize at school. (This makes her ineligible for the Loser's Party although she is a Packer fan). She was happy she finally found a ticket since the school does this every year and she has never found one before.

Pete has been playing his computer game every night. I have doing the soduku game in the paper every day. I checked for open houses today and there were none. After reading John's blog I am thinking I won't look anymore. I wish we had the money to help them out and return the favor. Maybe they could move into our house and we will get a smaller house as my poor eyesight makes it hard to keep this house clean.

The inflatable bed has one more chance to work and then we are putting it away so I can get my dining room back.

Lori

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Don't worry about us my mood swings up and down. Too many days in the house without getting out. Put the mattress away. Glad you got half that list done . You are now far ahead of us in terms of getting things done. In one area I am a winner, my son Pete got us the most wonderful daughterinlaw one could have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home