LinnasMinute

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Who would make the cheese?

I thought I had better blog while I have a moment since it has been so crazy here and we have a busy couple of weeks coming up.

Yesterday in addition to Luke's presschool, there was a storytime at the school he will attend in the fall. While the kids were being read to, the parents met for a meeting with a teacher for tips on getting the kids ready for school and to swap ideas. Pete and I are struggling with whether to send him all day or half day. Half day would be perfect but held at a different school and he would have to take the bus there and back.

Last night we went to see 'Disney on Ice' at the Resch Center. We did not get home until after nine so the kids were ready for bed. Luke liked the monkeys the best, Breanna liked the figure skating and I thought there was too much skating going on until I remembered it was an ice skating show. (Seemed like last year there were more props and that is what I meant...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).

Tonight both Breanna and Pete have hair cuts and then we are all going to meet my mother and her sister who is in town from Mondovi (a small town between Eau Claire and LaCrosse) to celebrate my mother's birthday. Her birthday is really Sunday but her sister, niece and her husband are leaving Friday and I thought it would be nice to have a party for mom while her sister is in town.

When I talked to mom yesterday to see how things were going with her sister (any catfights, hair-pulling or name calling????) she said, 'No, nothing like that, Lori'in a voice that says she knows I am joking but she does not think it is funny. Since I do not have a sister and I have been reading my father-in-law's blogs about his computer-hating sister I am not sure what happens when a sister comes to stay for a week.

Pete took BBQ meatballs along with cheese, crackers and eclairs for lunch at work since it was his turn to bring the Wed. lunch. He says it was a big hit and everybody liked it since it was all gone when he went to get the crockpot.

I just heard on the early show this morning about the minimum tax thing that will affect a lot of middle-class taxpayers this year and for the next several years especially if you live in a state that has high property taxes and we do. Joy. The financial analysts suggestion to avoid this in the next few years is to move to another state with lower taxes and buy a smaller house'. Hello???? This makes no sense unless one were to find the exact same job and pay. Can you imagine if everyone in the state of Wisconsin moved to another state? Who would make all the cheese?

That's all for now....Lori

2 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I am glad you told us where Mondovi is. I thought it was a little country next to China.
Sisters are sent by God to help you make up for your sin. Sort of like purgatory but not quite as nice.
You could make the cheese. Pete's great grandmother made great head cheese. But then you would need the head of a pig.
Grampa John

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Hello,

I don't think it would be a good idea to move because I like cheese and the packers and if we all left Wisconsin who would be packer fans?

I think sisters are gifts from god. That would be because I am a sister.

Pennie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home