LinnasMinute

Monday, January 30, 2006

Glob of Goo

This was a fairly quiet weekend but there was some progress. The bed was moved to the basement where Pete continues to try to fix it. I agree it is too nice to give up on just as long as it is not done in my dining room. So,he will try a few other things. I put my nativity set and the victorian angel and santas given to me by Pete's parents this year in the curio rather than packing them away. So, the living room is back to normal with the exception of a blob of goo that is stuck in the carpet and we have to somehow remove.

Sunday I could not resist and looked for open houses because you never know when the perfect house might become available. There were two both within a mile of our house. One was the one we were scheduled to see when John and Betty left but cancelled and since they were having an open house, we went to see it anyway. Pete thought it was great and I thought it was ok..too pricey and too many steps (ranch with walkout basement) but it did have a first floor laundry and walk-in showers. Neither Pete or Breanna smelled smoke but I did as soon as I walked in. The other house was also nice but no first floor laundry. It did have two options to put one in off the family room or one of the bedrooms. Anyway, neither seemed perfect so we will keep looking.

I made lasagne last night for the first time in about six months and also bought some frozen garlic texas toast. The last time I bought frozen garlic toast about ten years ago and it was terrible but this time it was pretty good and not too expensive. I have to remember things can improve.For instance, the same thing with frozen pizza...used to be terrible but now it is not too bad. Either that or my taste buds are more tolerant than they used to be. Since I stopped driving about ten years ago I am stuck in a time warp and think everything is the same.

Luke and his class went to the theater to see "Clifford the Big Red Dog'. This will be his first time on a school bus so he was excited about that and the show. He said he had a good time.

I finally sent in a postcard to Regis and Kelly to try to win a trip for the family. We really need a vacation. Today was the first day of the contest and they did not call but I will not consider myself a loser until the last day of the contest. Then, and only then, will I go to John's loser party.

The other thing I did this past weekend was about ten loads of laundry (Pete informs me there is more). I found a penny in the dryer and decided it was my payment for the job. (I would do laundry more often if I would find more money!).

Speaking of laundry, time to go start another load, this will be load number 12...I really need to get a life!

Lori

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Lori,

It is sad that only one person can has as much laundry as a family of four. Glad to hear that your house is back in order.


Pennie

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I am not sure a win with Regis woukd disqualify you since you were a Packer fan in 2005. A penny for 11 loads of laundry isn't really winning. We have a blob on the bathroom floor that we still haven't figured out how to get off. Perhaps a chisel.
Grampa John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home