LinnasMinute

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I just got done reading John's blog about dumb dogs and thought it was very funny. It got me thinking( as a good blog should) and I have a belief that some dogs feign (sp?) dumbness. You know how some (notice I did not say all) guys do a really bad job at laundry so the wife will think he is totally incompetent and do the laundry herself? I can also say I know I should learn how to change the printer ink on my printer but I think Pete can do it so much faster than I can so I pretend I cannot possibly learn how to do it. I think dogs do the same thing. My dog Maya knows how to sit on command and will only do so for food but when I tried to show my mother how well Maya obeys this one command she knows, she absolutely refused to sit. I had the feeling she was thinking, "See, you cannot make me sit!" This is the same dog the pretends to be asleep so when I leave to room just for a second, somehow she opens the gate and eats a whole cake before I get back. This is the same dog who will act like she has arthritis an cannot possibly make it upstairs to go to bed but if the doorbell rings she is the first one there and jumps on the poor person at the door. I think she ate the toy for the same reason kids act out....for ATTENTION! She got to go to the doctor and see all her friends, she got to eat special meals which I had to cook for her for three weeks...yeah, she is no dummy...we are the dummies for allowing her to train us instead of the other way around! Sometime I will write about our dog, Rush, and comment about how dumb he was.

We had a nice weekend. In a nutshell , we spent some time at Pennie's house, I finally bought a pair of jeans that fit (I have five pair at home but they do not fit so what good is it to have five pair when I cannot wear them?) and we watched a little of the Olympics. Pete, Pennie, and Luke went to see a movie while Breanna was at a friends house and I bought my one pair of pants. I consider this a good weekend.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone. The kids got cute cards from Pete's parents and my mother as well.

Have a good one....Lori

1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

You know you could be right. Global warming is oroducing dogs that are too smart to be trained. i never thought of that.
Grampa John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home