LinnasMinute

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Pink Elephants

We celebrated Pete's birthday yesterday and I think he had a nice day. Luke brought home a worksheet from school with an elephant on it so I suggested he color it pink and give it to his dad for his birthday since he is fond of saying "Pink Elephants!". Luke thought that was a good idea so he colored it (it is amazing we found a pink crayon but we did), wrapped it and gave it to him after we sang "Happy Birthday". (glad we did not videotape this because it was the worse rendition ever).

Before we had cake, we went to eat at Pete's favorite restaurant called Pasquale's. It is one of those old buildings and it used to be a bar so it has a long bar on one side and tables on the other. It has high ceilings with old hanging lamps, black and white checkered floor tiles and chrome bar stools and chairs. The walls are covered with war memorbilia from WWII. We sat by the big picture window which looks out onto the street and we could see the bridge with all the traffic. In the middle of the street is an old fashion lamp post with a clock on it which lit up. We had a great meal but it was very filling. We were stuffed!

From there we went to the mall. Pete gave Breanna a list of things he would like so she and I headed to the computer game store where we found two of the games he wanted. We then stopped at Radio Shack for a small screwdriver set that is nice for working on computers and toys (probably trains, too).

After we had cake, he called his parents to thank them for the card and they started talking politics which is always fun for him so I think that was Pete's dad gift to him. My brother called to wish him "Happy Birthday" late at night which is the norm for him. My mother also dropped off a gift which he really liked as well.

While Breanna and I were shopping, Pete and Luke bought Maya a bone to chew on since it was her birthday, too. She is eight years old!

Luke is confused about Regis and Kelly calling me. He thinks because they are on the tv, they cannot call so I explained to him how it works. He wanted to know why they would call(good question) and I said so we could win a trip and stay in a nice hotel with a pool. He reminded me he cannot swim yet but he will watch me swim so then we got into a discussion about him taking swimming lessons which he says he is not ready for yet. He says he is like Grandpa Linna and likes to sit in the hot tub. (I wonder if he would like saunas?)

That's all for now....Lori

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Of course he would like Saunas isn't he my grandson. I'm glad Pete had a good birthday and glad Pat called, I thought he had been abducted by aliens since we haven't hear from him for a long time. I hope you don't have to wait as long for that call as I have for a winning spin.
Grampa John

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Lori,

Remember positive thinking. Say 15 times every morning. Regis and Kelly will call today. I think the pink elephant was a great gift. Could you ask Peter to read my blog from yesterday.

Pennie

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hey I read your blog again and found out it wasn't Pat but your brother. I just read too fast.
Grampa John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home