LinnasMinute

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Will it float?

Luke and I are playing the David Letterman game, 'Will it Float?' No, we did not order the game or the dvd version but are using our own supplies we found in out house. It all started when he wanted to take a bath with his aircraft carrier which is bigger than him to see if it would float. (it does!). Then we brought up the airplanes where we found out some float and some do not, the same thing with the toy people. We also noticed the measuring cup and the lion cup from Disney on Ice show float until we fill them with water and then they sink. He is still playing in the tub while I write this.

We had a good weekend. Breanna spent the night at a friends house for a birthday party and then on Sunday we took my mom out for a birthday lunch. We went to the Tumbleweed and it was very good.

Tonight Breanna has her rehearsal for her dance recital. She is excited because tonight they will get the costumes.

We are still waiting for the insurance company to find out if they will pay for any of Luke's dental work. I have blocked it from mind for the time being.

Wed. we are meeting with our financial person from Metlife. We keep thinking of dropping them but we are meeting with a new person who seemss really nice so we are giving her a chance. (THe last person met with us and was supposed to get back to us on questions we had and then called back six months later to see if we could 'meet and introduce ourselves'. I told her that we had already met in her office and we still waiting for questions to be answered but never mind. I heard she is no longer with company.

Pete has been happily burning dvds and they all seem to work on the dvd player including the portable one we got for Christmas. He keeps talking about doing the taxes but hasn't started on them yet...maybe this weekend. This reminds me I still need to do the art projects for Luke's Art show which is also next week. (Breanna's recital is Monday and the Art show is Thursday).

Have a good one....Lori

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Penelda said...

Good to know what floats and what doesn't. Happy Tuesday to you

Pennie

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I'd like to play. I wonder if my computer floats? There are times I'd like to find out. Of course I don't have a little kid to play with and an old man dropping things in the bath tub to see if they float seems pathetic.
I have yet to finish my taxes but that's because I know I owe money.
I am going to pay by credit card so at least I earn some toy points.
I wonder if I have to report that and pay taxes on them?
Well enjoy the recital.
Grampa John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home