LinnasMinute

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Stranded on a deserted island

You know the question "what one thing would you bring if you were stranded on a deserted island?" I have been thinking long and hard about this (at least since this morning) and I wonder if you can guess what it is? To help you, I will eliminate some obvious choices.. there is a spring for fresh water and plenty of coconuts and some other fruit tree so I will not starve or go thirsty and since I am a creature of habit by nature, I will be ok with eating the same thing every day. (Sure will miss my daily dose of soda since there are no vending machines on this island, and if there were, I have no quarters. This would be torture and this being a U.S. island, there is no torture allowed).

At first I thought I would bring a first aid kit but then I thought why prolong death? Besides, what is in that kit that can save me from a huge shark bite with major body parts missing? Then I thought a book, but one book is not going to be enough and although I love to read, I can write my own book using some bark from a tree and some twig I dip into some plant liquid. I will also use this method to write letters to my loved ones if I do not survive the shark attack. I will simply write the word 'JAWS' and they will know what happened.

I thought about bringing a camera so I can take a picture of myself thin so people back home will know that I was actually thin some point in my life . It might be hard to look at with the missing limbs from the shark attack but, hey, no one is perfect and there will be proof of my thinness. But, a camera is not the one item either.

Perhaps a fishing pole? Yeah right, I cannot stand to put a worm on a hook much less filet a fish and besides I am now a fruit eater and that is all I need.

Maybe something to start a fire, but I am not cooking, I have fresh water, there are no marshmallows to toast and since I am on an island where it is really warm, if I get cold I will put on the turtleneck sweater that I was wearing because those are the only things I wear.

Have you guessed yet? Chocolate would be a very good choice but it is not the number one choice and I can only choose one thing. Suntan lotion would be good but would run out of eventually, ditto for insect repellent. Perhaps a mirror to reflect the sun when the airplane carrying my husband searching for me but what is the chance an airplane is going to fly over?Besides, I will write a giant SOS sign on the beach using empty coconut shells. If I am bored I may write other messages, such as "1-800-GEICO" or "Can you hear me now?" but the SOS will always be there.

The one thing I would bring is the first thing I brought into our new house when we bought it. If it were my busband, it would have been the tv. my daughter brought in her Barbies and the dog found a spot to do her business. But me, I brought in a picture of my family and that is the one thing I would bring (now updated with Luke's picture as well) because I would be afraid I would forget what my kids looked like and seeing their faces everyday would inspire me to push on for the day of rescue when the boat arrives with Pete and his new wife, Jennifer Love Hewitt who I said he could marry in the event something were to happen to me and he, being a good husband, always listens to me. I would be holding the picture and he would dump her on the island and take me back home to my family where I would get prosthetic arms and legs and then all is right with the world. (But if George Clooney rescues me, Pete can keep ol' Jennifer what's her name).

What one thing would you bring?

4 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Hey! How would you like to do a guest post on my blog. This was almost as good as Tony or Lydia Finch. What creativity. Perhaps we could start a common blog. It could be called "Linna's Minute in Dr. John's Fortress". It would be the hit of the internet.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You put alot of thought into this one! If I were on a island without my son and hubby I would take the same thing!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Pete I tagged you too. Now you need to list your seven favorite songs.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you all know that this is actually an IQ question? That means that there is a correct answer to this question. The correct answer is a a ship so you can sail away. Of course how far and to what destination depends on your navigational ability at sea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home