LinnasMinute

Saturday, June 17, 2006

My Dad

This is where I am to write why my dad is the greatest dad in the world or why it great being a dad.

One of the things I love about my dad is that he is not perfect. Yes that's what I said. Why is that important to me? This is important because I am not the perfect dad. If my dad was perfect what kind of pressure would that put on me. We all have faults. We do the best we can. If you can admit that your not perfect you can learn to be better. One important thing I have from my dad is unconditional love. I know that no mater what happens I am loved. That is such a wonderful gift to be given a child. You see people doing everything in there life to please their father and end up resenting him. If you know you have that love you can just live your life. So when you fail there is always a safety net to catch you. I will pass this gift on to my children. Thank you dad for giving me the freedom to fail and loving support to be the best I can be.

Happy Fathers Day.

We had a good day today. In the morning Lori went for a walk with Jane. The kids and I went to McDonald's. The kids played in the play area. We then went to the school and flew the airplane I got for fathers day. It worked pretty well. It got to hot so we went home. The kids wanted to have a celebrate Pennie day. We took Pennie to the movie cars. She was on call for work and of course got paged and missed the whole movie. We went out to eat and then to target where Pennie got a portable AC unit. The first unit was damaged and Pennie and I brought it back and got another. I set it up and I hope it helps keep her cool this summer. The kids where going to sleep downstairs but the 5 year old got sick and now their both in here with me.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger Catch said...

What a wonderful post to honor your Father for Fathers day. I have never met your father in person but I can tell you I think he is pretty wonderful. And you have a lovely Mother too!!! And your wife is a sweetheart too.....how lucky can one guy get????? lol.....Happy Fathers day!!!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Nice post Pete. I deserted your father and drove to Marquette with Nila so she could see Pat. Pat doen't know when she can come home all they tell her is you should be glad your alive.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Your are not just a great father but also a great son and a really great brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home