LinnasMinute

Monday, December 12, 2005

Timberrrrr!

This weekend we got our tree. We checked our usual places but they did not have a tree over nine feet so we went to a place Pete and Breanna went to a few years ago and they had a 12 footer they were itching to get rid of. I wanted to keep looking but I was outvoted by Pete and the kids.

We got it home and in the stand. Pete put lights on it and on Sunday we started to decorate it. All of a sudden I heard Pete say, "Look out folks, she's going over!" Sure enough the tree fell over....thankfully we were all on the other side.Luke said, "Cool!"

After an hour of arguing on how to fix it, we decided to anchor the tree to the bannister and the top railing in the balcony and finished decorating the tree. The tree is so big, the ornaments look lonely.

Fast forward to Monday. I am trying to get the ornament boxes put away and pick up the branches that were sawed off up of the floor in front of the front door and I notice the angel on the tree is leaning over. I check our anchors and they are pulled taut (The stinkin tree is so big, I cannot tell if it is leaning or not, all I see is tree). I quick get more rope to anchor and call Pete to see if he has any suggestions (answer: wait until he gets home). Luke and I had a play date at our carpool house and I was afraid when we came back the tree would be down, and quite possibly, the bannister as well. It was still up when we got back. Pete called to check in and I said things were still holding up. He stopped and purchased some fishing wire and when he got home, attached it to the tree to the bannister. He checked the base and figured out the pins were digging into the trunk and splitting the wood, therefore causing it to lean. He went and got some wooden boards from the garage and inserted them into the stand and now, we think the tree will stay up. Time will tell.

It is not such a bad tree I guess.

Lori

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Real tress have a bad habit of falling over. Our artifical tree always behaves.
Grampa John

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I personally like the charlie brown trees the uglier the better in my book. Someone has to love the ugly things in life. LOL We have not gotten a tree yet I was hopping to on saterday but I got this b-day party that popped. I want to actully go out and cut it down the boys love doing that. Maybe next weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home