LinnasMinute

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Where in the world is Pete Linna?

I am sure many of you are asking this question since it has been awhile since he blogged. I am here to tell you he is alive and well but busy. He is putting up plastic on the windows, working and is still cleaning the basement from when he did his very first blog (There is a lot of stuff in our basement!)

Last night I went to Breanna's dance class and met another mom who I knew of in high school and she knows my brother very well. She sought me out to specifically tell me how nice Breanna has been to her daughter who was in kindergarden last year and Breanna befriended her. They are both in the same dance class and are still friends. It was nice she made a point to tell me and I told Breanna after class.

While we were at dance, Pete and Luke braved the cold to go to the store to get some supplies for the troops at home as we were running low on medical (allergy) supplies.

The kids put out their shoes and also my shoes and Pete's shoes to see if St. Nick would fill them while we were asleep. The kids woke us up this morning to tell us that he had been here and they were very excited and happy we all got something except for Maya who did not have any shoes to put out.

This weekend we watched the Packers lose to a team that played awful which made the loss even worse. We went to church and heard a good sermon about if you believe in God, anything is possible. We told Breanna on the way home about things that happened to us over the years that as we look back on it, surely it could not happened, but it did. The time I remember is when Pete and I drove out to Mackinaw Island, we were coming out of Gladstone and we were behind a semi truck turning right. A car pulled out thinking there was no one behind the semi into our lane and we somehow avoided hitting them. We were close enough to see the faces on the people in the car, and Pete calmly drove the car around the vehicle, we were temporarily on the gravel side road and back onto the highway and on our way. We looked at each other as if to say, "Did that really happen?" Then on the way home, we looked at the intersection and there were two telephone poles and a sign that we should have hit but were not there when we went on to the gravel.

I will let Pete tell his story of him and Eicksteadt which is even better.

And all is right with the world.

Lori

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I always knew my Grandaughter was special and this just reinforces that belief. Tell her gramp loves her.
What tradition is this putting out the shoe thing????
I am forwarding you a miracle story or a possible miracle. Its a true story so watch your email.
Grampa John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home